How using Virtual Reality for Training Employees will Benefit your Business
Virtual reality is vital to incorporate in your current training program. Several organizations have taken steps to include in their training departments and have found significant efficiencies.
Globally, the virtual reality market was estimated to be worth $ 10.5 billion in 2019 and by 2027, the market is expected to skyrocket to $ 101 billion.
How does Virtual Reality (VR) work?
VR devices normally consist of a headset or goggles and accessories such as gloves, additional sensors, and controllers.
These gadgets are connected to a PC, smartphone, or other electronic gadget and when the entire framework is working perfectly, users can see and interface with simulated objects and environments.
What is Virtual reality For employee training?
Virtual Reality for Training purposes is simply an immersive training program that is accessed with the help of virtual reality technology normally a headset.
VR training is not just about transforming existing training material in a digital environment. It’s a new way of thinking and developing training material. Its effectiveness lies in the fact that employees are learning by doing without disturbing the production process.
There are several key advantages of virtual reality for training employees including:
- Some professions have a high level of danger, and it also applies to training. However, with virtual reality training, there is no risk of real accidents taking place.
- Through VR, the trainers are able to demonstrate practical processes to the employees.
- The trainers can easily record the process early in the beginning. They later use the recorded version to train employees.
- Sometimes, trainers also organize live seminars to provide new ideas to employees.
- No geographic or scheduling limitations. The programs can be accessed in virtually any location and at any time.
- Reduction of cost. Traditional training programs require the participation and engagement of experienced specialists working with beginners, while virtual reality training courses do not.
- Freedom and flexibility. The objects, environment, and scenarios of a virtual program can be modified with limited effort, while elements of an authentic setting can be more difficult to change.
- Engaging VR Content allows a business to create real-life situations in a safe environment. An important thing is that virtual training can be done remotely, saving time and money.
- The latest digital training innovations can give users an edge and a perspective that wasn’t previously achievable within the confines of a traditional experience.
- It’s an effective teaching tool because technology gives field personnel hands-on training by simulating situations in a controlled environment.
VR training is used around the World. Companies like UPS and ExxonMobil are already using VR technology to bring a new bang to their employee training programs.
Below are a few Real-world examples of employee training programs with the help of virtual reality:
How BP Plc is adopting virtual reality training for safety?
British Petroleum (BP) has established a virtual reality program to train and enhance the knowledge of its offshore employees in emergency startup and exit procedures.
The virtual reality used for employee training replicates the critical conditions of the drilling zone. This facilitates the employees to get accustomed to the situation in advance and learn from mistakes in the virtual world and thus reduce the likelihood of making the same mistake in the real world.
How Walmart utilizes virtual reality training for employees?
Companies like Walmart also use VR technology to train employees for the seasonal disarray that is Black Friday or even for emergency circumstances that would be difficult to simulate in real life. With a VR simulator, employees can make sense for both sides of the shopping know-how, like how it feels to work, seek help, and undoubtedly be trampled on in the process.
In this way, Walmart no longer has to close their eyes and hope for the best after telling its employees how crazy the holiday season can be; they can have confidence that employees understand and feel completely prepared for it.
How Does Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) Uses VR For employee Training?
In 2017, KFC made its debut with a new virtual reality training program for employees where new chefs learn how to make fried chicken taught in a virtual kitchen.
KFC uses a mixture of eLearning and practical training in its restaurants to train employees. Trapped in a virtual training escape room, KFC employees learn how to make the fast-food chain’s original fried chicken recipe.
Its VR training simulation not only teaches employees how to cook chicken the KFC way but also shows how the chain uses an intense 25-minute process to prepare fried chicken – something that sets it apart from most other fast-food chains that defrost and microwave their foods.
The future of virtual reality training for employees is now and it is rapidly becoming an industry standard to onboard employees.
Training workers safely and adequately has always been challenging, but virtual reality has granted the industries the unprecedented opportunity to remove risks from training and create simulations that are hard to replicate in life.
Technological breakthroughs are likely to bring about more changes in the next decade or so and more companies will be leveraging the benefits of VR training technology for employees.
Have you decided to create your immersive training program? Naturally, you can also go the route of hiring a team of developers from virtual reality safety training companies to handle the process for you.
If you reach out to us and share a few details about your project, we will be pleased to help in any way we can.